Friday, March 23, 2012
While Waiting for Robert Bly to Arrive
While waiting for Robert Bly to arrive
all eleven of Iraq's major power stations were destroyed.
Never mind, everything is already too late.
Maybe I'm just whistling in the dark.
While waiting for Robert Bly to arrive
you investigate goddess energy in the moon
or in a blossoming field
like an electric current.
Angel means messenger.
Everything is already too late.
While waiting for Robert Bly to arrive
you reduce an adult country to a child country.
The air has literally been filled with lies.
Buy this car, it will get you to shore.
Lightning should have fallen
while waiting for Robert Bly to arrive.
To remember the possibility;
Reckless joy can pierce depression.
Its all right if I feel this pain till I die.
Never mind.
This poem is made up of lines from Michale Ventura's interview with Robert Bly which you can read here http://www.thesunmagazine.org/_media/article/pdf/341_Bly.pdf
Jan Morrison inspired this little writing exercise in her blog which you can find here http://www.blogger.com/profile/01771180344305042855
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thanks for your comment on Middle Passages. I'm off to read about Robert Bly. Jan is marvelous, isn't she?
ReplyDelete