Monday, April 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Morning Star




 

Everywhere I look, spring

Moisture beads into diamond droplets on

Lady's Mantle fuzzy leaves

Irrepressible robin chirps on chimney

Cherry tree recalls beloved loss and

The promise that each spring day brings

As I write a dear friend is probably coming out of surgery. She has made a choice for life, for movement, for light. She is a Morning Star in my life; hopeful, funny, curious and very alive. Today she has chosen to take a step toward more life, or, perhaps a life more full of light. I am proud of her and inspired, too. It is spring and though April has dealt us hard losses over the years, it still brings joy. So, while she undergoes her own transformation, I choose to move, write, sing and send my own light her way. Spring is here and with it, this part of the earth finds the courage and inspiration to blossom. Not because the winter wasn't hard, but because it WAS hard and life is still worth living. A tree may fall, illness may come but in the meantime, we can choose to move, to risk, to shine. Happy birthday friend. Happy spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment